I am looking for part time hourly web/fullstack work, please contact me if you need a coder 😁
Woohoo! You've made it to my work. Some of my work here has made it to production and has been battle tested at scale while others have been for exploration. Have a question on a project? Feel free to reach out!
I've built everything from apps for working out to software that controls big factories mixing 30,000lbs of product. I am a well-rounded fullstack engineer who loves a good challenge and take pride in my work.
If you think I might be able to help you out shoot me a message here and lets get in touch!
Strong StencilJS, PHP, WordPress, Symfony, Angular, Node, Sketch, Ionic/Cordova, MySQL, GIT, REST APIs, UI/UX design/prototyping, OOP, SCRUM/Project Management, Creating Documentation, Bootstrap/Foundation, Sass/LESS, Grunt/Gulp
Knowledgable React, Arduino, Raspbery Pi, Postgres, AWS, MongoDB, Jenkins, UML, Gulp, Babel, C/C++
Projects, Clients, and Employers
Carium - Contract Project
StencilJS, Typescript, PWA
Carium was designed by Flight and given to me to develop. The website requirements were clear in that it needed to be beautiful and engaging, performant, built using current technologies, and score well in SEO.
To acheive this I used StencilJS to build the website using web components. By using web components I was able to make a lot of the website reusable. Web components also enable the browsers who handle them natively to run them with very little to no overhead helping us meet our performance requirements.
Aesthetic and experience is extermely important to me. The micro interactions on various elements are tuned for desktop and mobile. The website needed to be given to the core team upon completion. Code aesthetic is just as important to me and they were given a website that had full documentation on how to run, edit, and maintain the site.
Checkster - Employer
(March '16 - April '18)
Full-time Fullstack Engineer
Checkster automates hiring and talent decisions for companies globally. I was brought on to build new, tested, modern interfaces and experiences for the product. Soon after my role was expanded and I became a key player in R&D projects, product design, and customer integrations.
Angular 1.x, PHP, MySQL, NodeJS, Jenkins, Grunt, Docker, Sketch
- The new front end interface and experience I designed and coded has become a key selling factor in many large sales since its rollout.
- Worked on all-sized R&D prototypes, wrote reports and specs for a final implementation to be peer reviewed, and often implemented the specs.
- Frequently was in and engaged in meetings with Head of IT’s, C-Levels, and key decision makers in talent to work through solutions for integrations and features.
Cooper Technology - Contract Project
(February '17 - October '17)
Full Stack Engineer
Designed and built software to run and track large sets of machinery, feed products, and mix animal-specific medicines in mixing plants with locations internationally.
PHP, MySQL, AngularJS 1.x, Sass, Grunt, Gulp, PLC logic, Process Consulting, Project Management
- Built a suite of tools to design and map factory I/O to screens that are displayed in the factories to see current processes and handle any manual processes if needed.
- Cut highest weekly operation cost in time by a factor of 13.5. By decreasing the amount of down-time on machines we increased the company reputation and also have made clients happier.
- Designed and developed an inventory management system that took in multiple sources of product (trains, truck, manual) and automatically calculated final ingredient weights in/out often to less than 1/8 of a gram in accuracy.
Sonoma County Wine Auction - Contract Project
As the lead engineer I was responsible for architecting and engineering the website with a designer and second engineer (The Flight team). The entire backend is built so that the customer's admins can access and update content and settings without needing outside help. The site is responsive and ready for mobile and tablet. The experience has been optimized for all platforms.
SEO was also a very important factor. This influenced the structure of the site content and how we implemented dynamic features like winery lot listings.
BeRead - App
(Feb '17 - July '18)
Lob API, Ionic, Heroku, Stripe, NodeJS, Firebase
Be Read gives users a voice by letting them send physical letters or postcards with personalized messages to their congress leaders all within the app.
I built the app from the ground up within two weeks using Ionic, Lob, Firebase, and Heroku as the stack to take incoming requests for letters, process transactions, and ship them out.
RedFit - App
(Dec '14 - August '17)
OneSignal Push, Firebase, Ionic, Sketch
Track your workouts, stay on task, easy to use and feels natural in a workout. Built with Ionic 1.x and Firebase with a Node Heroku server for async processing.
This was my baby for a long time and I used the app every single day at the gym. It was built to make managing your workouts easy and streamlined with a built in timer and a way to easily record your weight and reps it really was the ultimate fitness companion.
After multiple API deprecations from iOS and Android I decided to sunset the product in August.
Anhelare - Contract
(February '17 - October '17)
Front End Pardot Engineer, Backend Developer
Anhelare offers one-on-one SEO and Marketing consulting to businesses who want to increase their audiences through organic growth. I was responsible for building and maintaining a large set of landing pages, emails, forms, and code in Pardot by Salesforce for multiple clients.
Pardot, NodeJS, Handelbars, Sketch, Project & Process Consulting, Project Management
- Designed and built a new suite of email templates that increased clicks by 11x on the first newsletter, created more interest on social media, and was built with a templating system so we could migrate all the old templates (about 200 of them) to the new setup at one time.
- Trimmed ~6 hours off the time it took to push and publish new content to ~1 hour by working closely with the international team of designers, translators, and content writers to streamline our related processes and automate what could be automated.
Sonoma Wine Country Weekend - Contract Project
Sonoma Wine Country Weekend (SWCW) was a more challenging project to work on. We were tasked with updating a very old site with a new design (furnished by Flight) but still using the old dynamic content set up from the previous developers.
The site was launched on time and was a success bringing in many new visitors from previous years. We built the site to also be a guide during the event and had a great response from our users with the ease of use and appropriate content.
Wordpress, PHP, MySQL, Sketch, Project Consulting
Alert Utah provides medical devices and monitoring for people who may need extra assistance or just for safety. The website was built to be an e-commerce platform to buy and connect accessories and services provided by Alert Utah.
The site is set up to relay customer inquiries to the correct party and process transactions in the admin panel with email alerts so that the fulfillment team can ship the systems.